An in-depth Leadership adventure
In this programme, we take the next step: a strategic step towards agile, shared leadership, aware of and connected to the specific world you have to strive and thrive in as an academic leader.
3 days (+ arrival on the evening before the programme starts). We choose for a residential Leadership expedition in order to get fully immersed with insights, exercises, experiential learning and nourishing conversations with peers.Click here to download the brochure.
Academic Leadership, the next level ...
During this leadership journey we explore the following themes:
- Embrace Leadership: choose to be a leader and take your claim; develop your learning agenda based on the feedback you receive concerning your personal strengths and pitfalls throughout a 360° feedback prior to the training.
- Install an agile and innovative team culture: stimulating out-of-the-box thinking, developing agility, combining experimentation with excellence.
- Navigate the complexity of the academic research field: engaging stakeholders, creating common ground in multi-party collaboration, ensuring continuity when the composition of your team changes (again)
- Explore the science of teams: facilitating fair decision-making processes, constructively dealing with tensions and conflicts in your team.
- Develop a compelling purpose and a strong strategic narrative: create a strong pitch and engage team members to take up ownership to make it happen, step by step.
Common thread: discovering solutions that work for you and approaches based on your own true colours: your talents, your preferences, your allergies & your challenges.
What you can expect of this journey
INTAKE COACHING Session
GROUP TRAINING session
Mix of theory & practice
The program is built around a carefully chosen set of frameworks that are applied to real cases of the participants.
This way we guarantee that the frameworks that are offered are relevant and that each exercise is built around real-life situations of the participants.
OUTTAKE COACHING Session
to 8 weeks after the programme we organize an individual “outtake” session
during which we are curious to hear your successes and the things that you
still need some help with. The outtake is a final integration of
your lessons learnt, building further on the experiences during the group
session and your experiments in your own work context after the programme.
Learning group of peers, cross universities, cross disciplines
We work with a group of professors only, who have participated in the Academic Leadership Journey Level 1, in order to increase the opportunities for an open and interesting exchange of experiences. The fact that the group consists of professors from different universities and different disciplines, offers multiple perspectives for all participants. This creates a unique openness to talk about your own questions, cases and challenges.
Residential in depth journey of 3 days (& nights)
The fact that the programme is organized residentially, ensures that you immerge fully in this Journey. It is 3 days in a row, away from your normal daily environment, working on and talking and discussing about academic leadership from early in the morning till late at night